Sunday, April 7, 2019

My dearest Sally,
I am now enlisted in the Civil War under General Lee. We have seized the american fort, Fort Sumter, the Americans never saw it coming. I have just gleaned the information that in the United States President Lincoln has called for 75,000 volunteer troops to form an army, because of our capture of Fort Sumter. Although I am not pleased that all the slave states did not secede from the union, I am pleased to inform you that those that didn't are causing riots and troubling President Lincolns decisions which helps buy us more time. I hope all is well back at home always ponder and don't forget that slaves are our God given right and that can't be taken from us.

Sincerely,
   Fitzhugh Johnston Pedigrew

No comments:

Post a Comment

the surrender stated sadly

today was the day the last day of the war for General Lee has surrendered we don't have to fight no more hour by hour a minute from...