Monday, April 8, 2019

letter home/kist

Dear mama and papa, I miss you so so so darn much out here I have just been enlisted in the confederate army I missed our annual Henderson festival and your sweet bakin’ . I just can’t believe how idiotic those darn northerners are without slaves you wouldn’t have anything. I collect cotton through MY SLAVES and turn it into THERE clothes and now there against it those darn northerners. Anyway I just had to go away and fight for my rights . It’s not like I treat slaves that bad but they are uneducated and need supervision so they do my work. Well anyways I  guess you gotta do what you gotta do. Lincoln put together an army of 75,000 and that probably means I’m going to be stationed here for a while. We need to fight to keep our slaves, the slaves belong in the fields not in society like those damn abolitionists think. Anyways duty calls love you and miss you so much love’ Orlin.

No comments:

Post a Comment

the surrender stated sadly

today was the day the last day of the war for General Lee has surrendered we don't have to fight no more hour by hour a minute from...