Monday, April 29, 2019

Blog 1863

Dear Sally,
We have been very successful in the so far in the war, although I have just caught drift that the north has captured the Mississippi river. I saw the other day that Abe Lincoln has created the so called Emancipation Proclamation, it states that all slaves that we own in the south are free. I can not believe this he can not tell us what to do we are a different country. You must keep all our slaves in shape if they try to leave or escape you see what to do and that will be fine. You know that slaves are our God given right and they are ours never let anyone tell you different. I pray all is well back home and with the family I can not wait to return home.

Love,
   Fitzhugh Pettigrew

No comments:

Post a Comment

the surrender stated sadly

today was the day the last day of the war for General Lee has surrendered we don't have to fight no more hour by hour a minute from...