Wednesday, May 1, 2019

1864 blog

Sherman’s March
I still remember the image vivid in my mind
Body parts and debris all I could find
Over yonder, fire still amongst the tree
Slaves running and shouting in the streets are free
Fired up more than before
All we wanted now was to win the war
We are ready to fight
They thought they put out the light
Never will I forget walking in the street
I noticed people dead with cut off hands and feet
I recognized one who I used to know
Friend in school he used the name Moe
I was ready to join the war and fight for what I believed

I needed slaves they should not be freed

1 comment:

  1. Another great poem! I am impressed!! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete

the surrender stated sadly

today was the day the last day of the war for General Lee has surrendered we don't have to fight no more hour by hour a minute from...