Friday, April 12, 2019

Letter home

Dear Family,

I have to say the confederate has won the battle of Manassas with an outstanding performance on the battle field. General Beauregard send 2200 men to defend the rail line at Manassas, he created an 8 mile long line of confederate soldiers. The battle was looking in favor of the north and we were looked very defeated. Soon General Beauregard ordered a counter attack with reinforcements. We were hollering and yelling but I’m glad we defeated those Yankees and now they know this wasn’t gonna be a 90 day war. Believe me when I say that we will fight for the south and everything it stands for! I love you all very much, God bless you all.

Sincerely,

Corporal Matthews

No comments:

Post a Comment

the surrender stated sadly

today was the day the last day of the war for General Lee has surrendered we don't have to fight no more hour by hour a minute from...