Thursday, April 25, 2019

1862 blog

Dear Father,

I have to let you know do the Victory the Confederacy at the battle of Manassas 2. It was one of the bloodiest battles I have ever witness we were pushed back many times but we new we had to hold the line. My regiment was stationed in Dunker church, Gen. Lee believed we have the higher ground. Many of the Union officers were killed in the battle field and the union lacked leadership and we took them on. We scared those Northern Yankees away and showed them a little something about the south. Many of my comrades were killed in the fight they were in the fight against Burnside and they were quickly outnumbered and suffered many casualties. Father, I hope I had made you proud and I will return home. Wish me the best of luck and I love you very much father.

Love,
Corporal Willam Matthews

No comments:

Post a Comment

the surrender stated sadly

today was the day the last day of the war for General Lee has surrendered we don't have to fight no more hour by hour a minute from...